NICEVILLE, Fla. — A handwritten note discovered last week at Rocky Bayou Christian School that prompted lockdowns and an intensive police investigation was reportedly fabricated by a fifth-grade student, according to the Niceville Police Department.
The Niceville Police Department said officers worked alongside Rocky Bayou Christian School leadership and staff to investigate all leads connected to the incident after the note was reportedly found in a school bathroom on May 13.
On Monday, May 18, detectives reportedly obtained a confession from the juvenile responsible for creating the false message involving a potential school shooting, the NPD said.
Police said investigators have identified no known motive for the incident.
The original threat prompted immediate lockdowns at both Rocky Bayou Christian School campuses and led to heightened security measures, including campus searches and increased police presence.
School officials have since notified families within the Rocky Bayou Christian School system that there is no ongoing threat to students, staff, or campus operations.
According to the school and police, all school functions are expected to resume as normal.






