FLORIDA — The 2022 Florida Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday is underway today, and it continues until Monday, August 7.
During the sales tax holiday period, Florida law directs that no sales tax or local option tax will be collected on:
- Purchases of clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $100 or less per item
- Purchases of certain school supplies selling for $50 or less per item
- Personal computers and certain computer-related accessories with a sales price of $1,500 or less when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use,
This sales tax holiday does not apply to:
- Any item of clothing selling for more than $100
- Any school supply item selling for more than $50
- Books that are not otherwise exempt
- Personal computers and computer-related accessories with a sales price of more than $1,500
- Computers and computer-related accessories purchased for commercial purposes
- Rentals or leases of any eligible items
- Repairs or alterations of any eligible items
- Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport.
For more information and a list of qualifying items, please review the Department of Revenue’s Taxpayer Information Publication on the 2022 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday.