OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. – Drivers in Okaloosa County may encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads this week as crews perform construction and maintenance activities, according to the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).
— State Road 20 (John Sims Parkway) Resurfacing Project
Drivers will encounter the following traffic impacts Tuesday, May 30 through Friday, June 2:
- Intermittent temporary east and westbound outside daytime lane closures on John Sims Parkway, from Edge Avenue to west of the Rocky Bayou Bridge, Tuesday, May 30 through Friday, June 2, from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for concrete for sidewalk, curb and gutter construction.
- Intermittent east and westbound nighttime lane closures on State Road 20, from Edge Avenue to west of the Rocky Bayou Bridge, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., for median milling, median widening, and sidewalk construction.
— State Road. 85 Resurfacing from John Sims Parkway to College Boulevard
Drivers can expect nighttime intermittent single-lane closures on State Road 85 north and southbound, Tuesday, May 30 through Friday, June 2, between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. for paving operations. One lane will remain open in each direction at all times.
— Brooks Bridge Replacement Project
Drivers may experience traffic disruptions Tuesday, May 30 through Thursday, June 1, between 9 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. for the following construction activities:
- U.S. 98 eastbound outside lane closures, between Santa Rosa Boulevard and the Brooks Bridge approach on Okaloosa Island, to allow crews to construct temporary widening at this location.
- U.S. 98 east and westbound alternating and intermittent lane closures between Perry Avenue and Pier Road for utility work.
- Santa Rosa Boulevard east and westbound alternating lane closures from east of Amberjack Drive to Ross Marler Park for utility work.
- Intermittent shoulder closures on Brooks Street, between Perry Avenue and Florida Blanca Place, and on Business Access Road for utility work.
— State Road 85 Improvements from S.R. 123 to Hospital Drive
This week, crews will require temporary, intermittent single-lane closures, Tuesday, May 30 through Friday, June 2, for maintenance of shoulder drop-offs and to place sod. These lane closures will be limited to the following locations and times:
- State Road 85 northbound single-lane closures, between State Road 123 and Shoal River Bridge, will occur between 8 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- State Road 85 southbound single-lane closures, between Shoal River Bridge and State Road 123, will only occur between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.
— U.S. 98 Bridge Rehabilitation over East Pass Bridge
Drivers may encounter intermittent single-lane closures on U.S. 98 over East Pass (Marler) Bridge, westbound structure (Destin to Fort Walton Beach), Tuesday, May 30 through Thursday, June 1, between 9 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. The existing 35 mph speed limit will be maintained during construction.
All activities are weather-dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through a work zone and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.
For more information, visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three at www.nwflroads.com.