OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. – Drivers in Okaloosa County may encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads this week as crews perform construction and maintenance activities, according to the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).
— State Road 20 (John Sims Parkway) Resurfacing Project
Drivers will encounter intermittent east and westbound nighttime lane closures on State Road 20, from Edge Avenue to west of the Rocky Bayou Bridge, Sunday, June 4 through Thursday, June 8, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. These closures are required to allow crews to place thermoplastic striping and complete worklist items.
— State Road 85 Resurfacing from John Sims Parkway to College Boulevard
This week, drivers can expect nighttime intermittent single-lane closures on S.R. 85 north and southbound, Sunday, June 4 through Thursday, June 9, between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. for paving operations. One lane will remain open in each direction at all times.
— Brooks Bridge Replacement Project
Drivers may experience traffic disruptions Sunday, June 4 through Thursday, June 8, between 9 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. for the following construction activities:
- U.S. 98 eastbound outside lane closures, between Santa Rosa Boulevard and the Brooks Bridge approach on Okaloosa Island, to allow crews to construct temporary widening at this location.
- U.S. 98 east and westbound alternating and intermittent lane closures between Perry Avenue and Pier Road for utility work.
- Santa Rosa Boulevard east and westbound alternating lane closures from east of Amberjack Drive to Ross Marler Park for utility work.
- Intermittent shoulder closures on Brooks Street, between Perry Avenue and Florida Blanca Place, and on Business Access Road for utility work.
— State Road 85 Improvements from State Road 123 to Hospital Drive
This week, crews will require temporary, intermittent single-lane closures, Sunday, June 4 through Friday, June 9, for guardrail installation, maintenance of shoulder drop-offs and to place sod. These lane closures will be limited to the following locations and times:
- State Road 85 northbound single-lane closures, between State Road 123 and Shoal River Bridge, will only occur between 8 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- State Road 85 southbound single-lane closures, between Shoal River Bridge and State Road 123, will only occur between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.
— U.S. 98 Bridge Rehabilitation over East Pass Bridge
Drivers may encounter intermittent single-lane closures on U.S. 98 over East Pass (Marler) Bridge, westbound structure (Destin to Fort Walton Beach), Sunday, June 4 through Thursday, June 8, between 9 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. The existing 35 mph speed limit will be maintained during construction.
— U.S. 98 Improvements from Josie Road to Florida Place Southeast
Drivers may encounter temporary lane closures of the outside U.S. 98 eastbound travel lane from Josie Road to Hurlburt Field, Sunday, June 4 through Thursday, June 8, between 8 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. for shoulder widening construction.
— State Road 85 Routine Bridge Maintenance over State Road 123 Flyover Ramp
Motorists may encounter intermittent lane closures Monday, June 5 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. for routine bridge maintenance.
— State Road 293 (Spence Parkway) Overhead Sign Placement North of S.R. 20 in Bluewater Bay
Drivers will encounter intermittent single-lane closures Monday, June 5 from 10 p.m. to 12 a.m. for sign placement.
All activities are weather-dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through a work zone and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.
For more information, visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three at www.nwflroads.com.