OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. – Drivers in Okaloosa and Walton counties may encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads this week as crews perform construction and maintenance activities, according to the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).
— State Road 20 (John Sims Parkway) Resurfacing Project
Drivers will encounter intermittent east and westbound lane closures on State Road 20, from Edge Avenue to west of the Rocky Bayou Bridge, Tuesday, Jan. 3 through Thursday, Jan. 5, between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. The closures are required for median milling, median widening, and sidewalk construction.
— State Road 85 Resurfacing from U.S. 90 to Commerce Drive
Drivers may experience intermittent north and southbound single-lane closures on State Road 85, from U.S. 90 to Commerce Drive, Tuesday, Jan. 3 through Thursday, Jan. 5, between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. The closures are required as crews place thermoplastic striping and complete concrete work.
— State Road 85 Resurfacing from John Sims Parkway to College Boulevard
Drivers may experience intermittent northbound outside lane closures on State Road 85 between State Road 20 (John Sims Parkway) and County Road 190 (College Boulevard), Tuesday, Jan. 3 through Saturday, Jan. 7, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. These closures are required for sidewalk repair and construction.
— Brooks Bridge Replacement Project
Drivers may experience the following traffic impacts Tuesday, Jan. 3 through Thursday, Jan. 5, from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. as crews perform utility work:
- U.S. 98 east and westbound alternating and intermittent lane closures between Perry Avenue and Pier Road.
- Santa Rosa Boulevard east and westbound alternating lane closures from east of Amberjack Drive to Ross Marler Park.
- Intermittent shoulder closures on Brooks Street, between Perry Avenue and Florida Blanca Place, and on Business Access Road.
— U.S. 98 Bridge Rehabilitation over East Pass Bridge
Drivers may encounter intermittent single-lane closures on the U.S. 98 over East Pass (Marler) Bridge, westbound structure (Destin to Fort Walton Beach), Tuesday, Jan. 3 through Thursday, Jan. 5, between 9 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. The existing 35 mph speed limit will be maintained during construction. The closures will be in place until the project is completed in fall 2023.
— State Road 20 Routine Utility Maintenance Over Turkey Creek Bridge in Niceville
Drivers may encounter intermittent lane closures Tuesday, Jan. 3, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for utility maintenance.
— U.S. 98 Widening from Mack Bayou Road to C.R. 30A
Drivers may encounter intermittent east and westbound outside lane closures on U.S. 98, from Mack Bayou Road to County Road 30A, Tuesday, Jan. 3 through Thursday, Jan. 5, between 7:30 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. The closures are required to install upright poles for the new traffic signal mast arm assemblies.
— U.S. 98 Resurfacing Project from Village Road to East of U.S. 331
Drivers will encounter the following traffic impacts Tuesday, Jan. 3 through Thursday, Jan. 5:
- Intermittent U.S. 98 east and westbound outside lane closures at the County Road 393 intersection between 7:30 p.m. and 6 a.m. to allow crews to install roadway lighting.
- Intermittent U.S. 98 east and westbound single-lane closures, from Mack Bayou Road to Village Road, between 7:30 p.m. and 6 a.m., for milling and resurfacing activities.
- Intermittent closures on the U.S. 98 east and westbound outside shoulders and turn lanes may be required as crews construct new sidewalks, widen existing turn lanes between Village Road and U.S. 331, and construct a new westbound right-turn lane to access Don Bishop Road.
All activities are weather-dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through a work zone and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.
For more information, visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three at www.nwflroads.com.