OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. – Drivers in Okaloosa and Walton counties may encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads this week as crews perform construction and maintenance activities, according to the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).
— State Road 20 (John Sims Parkway) Resurfacing Project
Drivers will encounter the following traffic impacts the week of Sunday, Jan. 29:
- Intermittent east and westbound nighttime lane closures on State Road 20, from Edge Avenue to west of the Rocky Bayou Bridge, Sunday, Jan. 22 through Thursday, Jan. 26, between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. These closures are required for median milling, median widening, and sidewalk construction.
- Intermittent temporary east and westbound outside daytime lane closures on State Road 20, from Edge Avenue to west of the Rocky Bayou Bridge, Monday, Jan. 30 through Friday, Feb. 3, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. These closures are required to deliver concrete for sidewalk, curb, and gutter construction.
— State Road. 85 Resurfacing from U.S. 90 to Commerce Drive
Drivers may experience intermittent north and southbound single-lane closures Sunday, Jan. 29 through Thursday, Feb. 2, between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. as crews perform striping operations and complete concrete work.
— State Road. 85 Resurfacing from John Sims Parkway to College Boulevard
Drivers may experience the following traffic impacts the week of Sunday, Jan. 29:
- Intermittent northbound outside lane closures on S.R. 85 between State Road 20 (John Sims Parkway) and County Road 190 (College Boulevard), Monday, Jan. 23 through Thursday, Jan. 26, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. for sidewalk repair and construction.
- Temporary daytime closure on Lewis Street at the State Road 85 intersection Saturday, Jan. 28, and Sunday, Jan. 29, between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. as crews install drainage. Detour signage will be in place to direct drivers.
— Brooks Bridge Replacement Project
Drivers may experience the following traffic impacts Sunday, Jan. 29 through Thursday, Feb. 2, from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. as crews perform utility work.
- U.S. 98 east and westbound alternating and intermittent lane closures between Perry Avenue and Pier Road.
- Santa Rosa Boulevard east and westbound alternating lane closures from east of Amberjack Drive to Ross Marler Park.
- Intermittent shoulder closures on Brooks Street, between Perry Avenue and Florida Blanca Place, and on Business Access Road.
— U.S. 98 Bridge Rehabilitation over East Pass Bridge
Drivers may encounter intermittent U.S. 98 eastbound (Fort Walton Beach to Destin) single-lane closures over the East Pass (Marler) Bridge, Sunday, Jan. 29 through Thursday, Feb. 2, between 9 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. The existing 35 mph speed limit will be maintained during construction.
— U.S. 98 Widening from Mack Bayou Road to County Road 30A
Drivers may encounter intermittent east and westbound outside lane closures Sunday, Jan. 29, through Thursday, Feb. 2, from 7:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. as crews perform traffic signal work.
— U.S. 98 Resurfacing from Village Road to East of U.S. 331
Drivers will encounter the following traffic impacts Monday, Jan. 30 through Thursday, Feb. 2:
- Intermittent U.S. 98 east and westbound single-lane closures, from Mack Bayou Road to Village Road, between 7:30 p.m. and 6 a.m. for milling and resurfacing activities.
- Intermittent east and westbound outside shoulder and turn lane closures on U.S. 98 within project limits as crews construct new sidewalks and widen existing turn lanes.
— State Road 20 Turn Lane Construction at J. W. Hollington Road
Drivers will encounter intermittent lane closures the week of Sunday, Jan. 29, for paving operations.
— U.S. 90 Routine Utility Maintenance Between Norwood Road North and Norwood Road South
Motorists may encounter intermittent lane closures Monday, Jan. 30, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. for power pole replacement operations.
All activities are weather-dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through a work zone and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.