OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. – Drivers in Okaloosa County may encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads this week as crews perform construction and maintenance activities, according to the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).
— State Road 20 (John Sims Parkway) Resurfacing Project
Drivers will encounter intermittent east and westbound nighttime lane closures on State Road 20, from Edge Avenue to west of the Rocky Bayou Bridge, Sunday, Feb. 26 through Thursday, March 2, between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. These closures are required for median milling, median widening, and sidewalk construction.
— State Road 85 Resurfacing from John Sims Parkway to College Boulevard
Drivers will encounter the following traffic impacts the week of Sunday, Feb. 26:
- Intermittent north and southbound nighttime lane closures Sunday, Feb. 26 through Thursday, March 2, from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. for roadway milling operations.
- Intermittent northbound outside lane closures Monday, Feb. 27 through Friday, March 3, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. for sidewalk repair and construction.
— Brooks Bridge Replacement Project
Drivers will experience the following traffic impacts Sunday, Feb. 26 through Thursday, March 2, from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. as crews perform utility work:
- U.S. 98 east and westbound alternating and intermittent lane closures between Perry Avenue and Pier Road.
- Santa Rosa Boulevard east and westbound alternating lane closures from east of Amberjack Drive to Ross Marler Park.
- Intermittent shoulder closures on Brooks Street, between Perry Avenue and Florida Blanca Place, and on Business Access Road.
— U.S. 98 Bridge Rehabilitation over East Pass Bridge
Drivers may encounter intermittent single-lane closures on the U.S. 98 over East Pass (Marler) Bridge, eastbound structure (Fort Walton Beach to Destin), Sunday, Feb. 26 through Thursday, March 2, between 9 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. The existing 35 mph speed limit will be maintained during construction.
— State Road 85 Improvements from State Road 123 to Hospital Drive
Drivers will encounter nighttime intermittent north and southbound State Road 85 lane closures at the Hospital Drive intersection the week of Sunday, Feb. 26, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. The closures are required for traffic signalization and turn lane construction.
All activities are weather-dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through a work zone and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.
For more information, visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three at www.nwflroads.com.