NICEVILLE, Fla — The Florida Department of Health reports this morning the cumulative number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Okaloosa County is 4,428, 18 more since yesterday morning. The death toll in Okaloosa now is 89, one more death reported since yesterday.
The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Niceville and Valparaiso is 590.
Statewide, 1,823 new cases were reported since yesterday.
The number of cumulative hospitalizations related to coronavirus in Okaloosa is 266, two more since yesterday. On Monday, there were 29 COVID-19 patients in Okaloosa County hospitals; seven in ICU beds.
Yesterday’s daily positivity rate in Okaloosa was 7.98 percent. On Sunday, it was 11.25 percent
Okaloosa’s weekly positivity rate for the week ending Saturday, August 29 was 7.63 percent. It was 8.93 percent the previous week and 8.61 percent for the week before that, August 9-15.
Here’s the latest breakdown by city in Okaloosa (note that the city is not always reported as part of the initial notification and may be missing while the case is being investigated):
- Fort Walton Beach, 1,521, seven since yesterday
- Destin, 578, two less since yesterday
- Niceville, 542, one since yesterday
- Crestview, 893, five since yesterday
- Shalimar, 215, one since yesterday
- Mary Esther, 227, no change
- Eglin AFB, 53, five since yesterday
- Laurel Hill, 39, no change
- Baker, 88, no change
- Holt, 33, one since yesterday
- Valparaiso, 48, one since yesterday
- Hurlburt Field, 5, no change
- Milligan, 2, no change
- Cinco Bayou, 3, no change
- Homeless, 1, no change
- Missing, 142, one less since yesterday
Florida does not publish data about deaths for persons under 18. Florida also does not publish testing, case or condition data for people in county/local jails, state prisons, migrant communities, or cumulative totals for testing and cases in long-term care facilities, probable cases and deaths before testing was available, or non-resident data at the zip code or city level.
Want more info and data? Get it here: