NICEVILLE, Fla — The Florida Department of Health reports this morning the cumulative number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Okaloosa County is 4,328, 50 more since yesterday morning. The death toll in Okaloosa now is 83, three more deaths reported since yesterday.
The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Niceville and Valparaiso is 575.
Statewide, 3,198 new cases were reported since yesterday.
The number of cumulative hospitalizations related to coronavirus in Okaloosa is 254, three more since yesterday. On Wednesday, there were 32 COVID-19 patients in Okaloosa County hospitals; nine in ICU beds.
Yesterday, there were 501 tests returned in Okaloosa with 35 positives. The daily positivity rate was 6.99 percent.
Okaloosa’s weekly positivity rate for the week ending Saturday, August 29 was 7.63 percent. It was 8.93 percent the previous week and 8.61 percent for the week before that, August 9-15.
Here’s the latest breakdown by city in Okaloosa (note that the city is not always reported as part of the initial notification and may be missing while the case is being investigated):
- Fort Walton Beach, 1,500, 11 since yesterday
- Destin, 563, five since yesterday
- Niceville, 531, eight since yesterday
- Crestview, 876, 14 since yesterday
- Shalimar, 209, one since yesterday
- Mary Esther, 226, one since yesterday
- Eglin AFB, 43, four since yesterday
- Laurel Hill, 39, no change
- Baker, 88, no change
- Holt, 31, one since yesterday
- Valparaiso, 44, no change
- Hurlburt Field, 5, no change
- Milligan, 2, no change
- Cinco Bayou, 3, no change
- Homeless, 1, no change
Missing, 136, five since yesterday
Florida does not publish data about deaths for persons under 18. Florida also does not publish testing, case or condition data for people in county/local jails, state prisons, migrant communities, or cumulative totals for testing and cases in long-term care facilities, probable cases and deaths before testing was available, or non-resident data at the zip code or city level.
Want more info and data? Get it here: