NICEVILLE, Fla — The Florida Department of Health reports this morning the cumulative number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Okaloosa County is 4,637, 17 more since yesterday morning. The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Niceville and Valparaiso is 624.
Statewide, 1,736 new cases were reported since yesterday.
The number of cumulative hospitalizations related to coronavirus in Okaloosa is 280, no change. On Wednesday, the county reported 28 COVID-19 patients in Okaloosa County hospitals; six in ICU beds.
According to the state DOH, yesterday there were 295 tests returned in Okaloosa with 17 positives. The daily positivity rate was 5.76 percent.
Okaloosa’s weekly positivity rate was 8.3 percent for the week ending Saturday, Sept. 12, up from 7.33 from the previous week.
Here’s the latest breakdown by city in Okaloosa (note that the city is not always reported as part of the initial notification and may be missing while the case is being investigated):
- Fort Walton Beach, 1,550, seven since yesterday
- Destin, 598, one since yesterday
- Niceville, 573, two since yesterday
- Crestview, 938, two since yesterday
- Shalimar, 224, no change
- Mary Esther, 238, one since yesterday
- Eglin AFB, 61, two since yesterday
- Laurel Hill, 44, one since yesterday
- Baker, 92, no change
- Holt, 34, no change
- Valparaiso, 51, no change
- Hurlburt Field, 9, no change
- Milligan, 2, no change
- Cinco Bayou, 34, no change
- Missing, 151, one since yesterday
Florida does not publish data about deaths for persons under 18. Florida also does not publish testing, case or condition data for people in county/local jails, state prisons, migrant communities, or cumulative totals for testing and cases in long-term care facilities, probable cases and deaths before testing was available, or non-resident data at the zip code or city level.
Want more info and data? Get it here: