NICEVILLE, FLA, JUNE 30, 2020 — The Florida Department of Health reports this morning the cumulative number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Okaloosa County is 666, 30 more since yesterday morning. The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Niceville and Valparaiso is 66.
The positive testing rate in Florida this week is 14.35 percent. Okaloosa is 10.1 percent.
Statewide, the number of cases is 152,434 an increase of 6,093 since yesterday morning.
The number of cumulative resident hospitalizations related to coronavirus in Okaloosa is 59, no change. Fourteen people with COVID-19 are currently hospitalized in Okaloosa (June 29). As of yesterday, Okaloosa County has seven ICU beds available.
The number of deaths in Okaloosa County remains unchanged at six.
Here’s the latest breakdown by city in Okaloosa (note that the city is not always reported as part of the initial notification and may be missing while the case is being investigated):
- Fort Walton Beach, 273, 10, more since yesterday
- Destin, 94, nine more since yesterday
- Niceville, 61, two more since yesterday
- Crestview, 101, one more since yesterday
- Shalimar, 36, no change
- Mary Esther, 41, one more since yesterday
- Eglin AFB, 8, no change
- Laurel Hill, 5, one more since yesterday
- Baker, 10, three more since yesterday
- Holt, 4, one more since yesterday
- Valparaiso, 5, no change
- Missing, 14, one more since yesterday
Florida does not publish data about deaths for persons under 18. Florida also does not publish testing, case or condition data for people in county/local jails, state prisons, migrant communities, or cumulative totals for testing and cases in long-term care facilities, probable cases and deaths before testing was available, or non-resident data at the zip code or city level.
Want more info and data? Get it here: