NICEVILLE, FLA, JUNE 29, 2020 — The Florida Department of Health reports this morning the cumulative number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Okaloosa County is 636, 35 more since yesterday morning. The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Niceville and Valparaiso is 64.
Statewide, the number of cases is 146,341, an increase of 5,266 since yesterday morning.
The number of resident hospitalizations related to coronavirus in Okaloosa is 59, one more since yesterday. Hospitalization counts include anyone who was hospitalized at some point during their illness. It does not reflect the number of people currently hospitalized.
The number of deaths in Okaloosa County remains unchanged at six.
Here’s the latest breakdown by city in Okaloosa (note that the city is not always reported as part of the initial notification and may be missing while the case is being investigated):
- Fort Walton Beach, 263, 12 more since yesterday
- Destin, 85, five more since yesterday
- Niceville, 59, six more since yesterday
- Crestview, 100, 10 more since yesterday
- Shalimar, 36, one more since yesterday
- Mary Esther, 40, three more since yesterday
- Eglin AFB, 8, no change
- Laurel Hill, 4, no change
- Baker, 7, two more since yesterday
- Holt, 3, no change
- Valparaiso, 5, no change
- Missing, 13, four less since yesterday
Florida does not publish data about deaths for persons under 18. Florida also does not publish testing, case or condition data for people in county/local jails, state prisons, migrant communities, or cumulative totals for testing and cases in long-term care facilities, probable cases and deaths before testing was available, or non-resident data at the zip code or city level.
Want more info and data? Get it here: