NICEVILLE, FLA, JUNE 28, 2020 — The Florida Department of Health reports this morning the cumulative number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Okaloosa County is 601, 38 more since yesterday morning. The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Niceville and Valparaiso is 58.
Statewide, the number of cases is 141,075, an increase of 8,530 since yesterday morning.
The number of resident hospitalizations related to coronavirus in Okaloosa is 58, no change since yesterday. Hospitalization counts include anyone who was hospitalized at some point during their illness. It does not reflect the number of people currently hospitalized.
The number of deaths in Okaloosa County remains unchanged at six.
Here’s the latest breakdown by city in Okaloosa (note that the city is not always reported as part of the initial notification and may be missing while the case is being investigated):
- Fort Walton Beach, 251, 18 more since yesterday
- Destin, 80, two more since yesterday
- Niceville, 53, no change
- Crestview, 90, eight more since yesterday
- Shalimar, 35, four more since yesterday
- Mary Esther, 37, one more since yesterday
- Eglin AFB, 8, one more since yesterday
- Laurel Hill, 4, no change
- Baker, 5, one more since yesterday
- Holt, 3, no change
- Valparaiso, 5, one more since yesterday
- Missing, 17, two more since yesterday
Florida does not publish data about deaths for persons under 18. Florida also does not publish testing, case or condition data for people in county/local jails, state prisons, migrant communities, or cumulative totals for testing and cases in long-term care facilities, probable cases and deaths before testing was available, or non-resident data at the zip code or city level.
Want more info and data? Get it here: