NICEVILLE, FLA, JULY 9, 2020 — The Florida Department of Health reports this morning the cumulative number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Okaloosa County is 1,015, 46 more since yesterday morning. The death toll in Okaloosa is now 10, one more death since yesterday, and the fourth death reported in the past eight days.
The latest victim is a 54-year-old woman.
The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Niceville and Valparaiso is 93, three more since yesterday.
Statewide, the number of cases is 232,718, an increase of 8,935 since yesterday morning.
The number of cumulative resident hospitalizations related to coronavirus in Okaloosa is 69, one more since yesterday. There are 25 COVID-19 patients in Okaloosa hospitals: 12 in ICU beds.
Here’s the latest breakdown by city in Okaloosa (note that the city is not always reported as part of the initial notification and may be missing while the case is being investigated):
- Fort Walton Beach, 388, 18 more since yesterday
- Destin, 157, seven more since yesterday
- Niceville, 86, two more since yesterday
- Crestview, 177, eight more since yesterday
- Shalimar, 66, five more since yesterday
- Mary Esther, 55, three more since yesterday
- Eglin AFB, 8, no change
- Laurel Hill, 8, two more since yesterday
- Baker, 23, one more since yesterday
- Holt, 4, no change
- Valparaiso, 7, one more since yesterday
- Missing, 19, no change
Florida does not publish data about deaths for persons under 18. Florida also does not publish testing, case or condition data for people in county/local jails, state prisons, migrant communities, or cumulative totals for testing and cases in long-term care facilities, probable cases and deaths before testing was available, or non-resident data at the zip code or city level.
Want more info and data? Get it here: