NICEVILLE, FLA, JULY 3, 2020 — The Florida Department of Health reports this morning the cumulative number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Okaloosa County is 820, 50 more since yesterday morning. The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Niceville and Valparaiso is 75.
Statewide, the number of cases is 178,594 an increase of 9,488 since yesterday morning
The number of cumulative resident hospitalizations related to coronavirus in Okaloosa is 64, three more since yesterday. In all, 19 people are currently hospitalized in Okaloosa for COVID-19. Thirteen are in ICU beds.
The number of deaths in Okaloosa County is eight.
Here’s the latest breakdown by city in Okaloosa (note that the city is not always reported as part of the initial notification and may be missing while the case is being investigated):
- Fort Walton Beach, 315, nine more since yesterday
- Destin, 133, three more since yesterday
- Niceville, 70, four more since yesterday
- Crestview, 137, 28 more since yesterday
- Shalimar, 49, two more since yesterday
- Mary Esther, 49, one less since yesterday
- Eglin AFB, 8, no change
- Laurel Hill, 5, no change
- Baker, 14, four more since yesterday
- Holt, 4, no change
- Valparaiso, 5, one more since yesterday
- Missing, 16, no change
Florida does not publish data about deaths for persons under 18. Florida also does not publish testing, case or condition data for people in county/local jails, state prisons, migrant communities, or cumulative totals for testing and cases in long-term care facilities, probable cases and deaths before testing was available, or non-resident data at the zip code or city level.
Want more info and data? Get it here: