NICEVILLE, FLA, JULY 28, 2020 — The Florida Department of Health reports this morning the cumulative number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Okaloosa County is 2,482, 71 more since yesterday morning. The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Niceville and Valparaiso is 287.
Statewide, the number of cases is 441,977, an increase of 9,230 since yesterday morning.
The number of cumulative hospitalizations related to coronavirus in Okaloosa is 114, two more since yesterday.
The number of deaths in Okaloosa County is 20, no change.
RELATED STORY: 6 Niceville firefighters test positive for COVID-19
Here’s the latest breakdown by city in Okaloosa (note that the city is not always reported as part of the initial notification and may be missing while the case is being investigated):
- Fort Walton Beach, 848, 19 more since yesterday
- Destin, 369, four more since yesterday
- Niceville, 265, seven more since yesterday
- Crestview, 520, 26 more since yesterday
- Shalimar, 135, three more since yesterday
- Mary Esther, 137, seven more than yesterday
- Eglin AFB, 19, no change
- Laurel Hill, 23, no change
- Baker, 48, one more since yesterday
- Holt, 16, no change
- Valparaiso, 22, no change
- Hurlburt Field, 1, no change
- Milligan, 2, no change
- Missing, 50, two more since yesterday
Florida does not publish data about deaths for persons under 18. Florida also does not publish testing, case or condition data for people in county/local jails, state prisons, migrant communities, or cumulative totals for testing and cases in long-term care facilities, probable cases and deaths before testing was available, or non-resident data at the zip code or city level.
Want more info and data? Get it here: