The Tools for Schools drive ensures supplies can be given to local children in need before school starts. The goal of this drive is to help all students begin the year with the tools needed for success.
Folks in Niceville can help Sharing and Caring in it’s annual “Tools for Schools” drive on Saturday by helping to “Cram the Van” with school supplies. The van will be at the Niceville Walmart on July 20, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Tools for Schools drive ensures supplies can be given to local children in need before school starts. In many instances, parents have to choose between school supplies or putting food on the table. The goal of this drive is to help all students begin the year with the tools needed for success.
School starts August 12, 2019, in Okaloosa County.
Niceville Sharing and Caring supports children in Niceville, Valparaiso, and Choctaw Beach.
- Paper: lined paper, copy paper, construction paper, spiral notebooks, composition books, index cards
- Pencils & Pens: blue or black pens, #2 pencils, colored pencils, erasers, pencil sharpener, pencil case, colored markers, crayons, highlighters, dry-erase markers
- General Supplies: dry-erase boards, paper clips, 3-ring 2″ binders, pocket folders, report covers
- Classroom staples: stapler, staples, rulers, protractors, glue sticks, scissors, tape, calculator
- Things you can never have too much of: tissues, sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer
Can’t make it to the ‘Cram the Van” event? Drop off your donation at Sharing & Caring of Okaloosa County, 104 Bullock Boulevard, Niceville.