Come join the University of Florida/IFAS Extension Office for the 2017 Eco-Nomic Living Expo at the Santa Rosa Mall in Mary Esther on Saturday, February 11.
This year’s Expo begins a 10 am and ends at 3 pm and includes seminars, activities for the entire family, educational exhibits and door prizes.
The theme for the 2017 Eco-Nomic Living Expo is “Helping You Make Smart Choices for Money, Home, Health and Environment.” And the seminars reinforce this theme.
Seminar schedule and topics:
- 10:15 am – Dash for the Stash – Investing 101
- 10:45 am – Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) Fact or Fiction – Learn the Facts About Common GMO Myths
- 11:30 am – The Price of Plastics – Microplastics and the Impact on our Water
- 12 pm – Green Lawn, Green Wallet – Managing Your Florida Lawn without Breaking the Bank
- 12:45 pm – “Homemade” Do It Yourself Cleaner
- 1:15 pm – Protect Your Pocket, Protect Your Purse, Protect Your Person – Steps to Take Against Identity Theft and Scams
- 2 pm – Don’t “Waist” your Health Away
- 2:30 pm – Saving Water Save Money
Larry Williams, UF/IFAS Extension Agent, will present a seminar titled “Green Lawn, Green Wallet – Managing Your Florida Lawn without Breaking the Bank” with emphasis on how to grow a green lawn while keeping some “green” in your wallet.
UF/IFAS Extension Master Gardeners in Okaloosa County will staff an educational booth to help answer your local lawn, landscape and garden questions.
Other activities include:
- Lots of terrific local vendors exhibiting their wares
- FREE Tax Preparation from VITA (Annual Income under $53,505)
- Free Document Shredding by Shred‐It
- Kids’ Activities & Youth Piggy Bank Pageant
- Corporate Piggy Bank Challenge
- Our ever-popular Rain Barrel Workshop ($60, pay in advance)
There is free admission to the Expo. For more information visit http://economiclivingexpo.com or call (850) 225-4200.
Article by Larry Williams, UF/IFAS Extension Agent, Okaloosa County