NICEVILLE, FLA, AUGUST 6, 2020 — The Florida Department of Health reports this morning the cumulative number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Okaloosa County is 3,292, 132 more since yesterday morning. The death toll in Okaloosa now is 35, one more death reported since yesterday.NICEVILLE, Fla — The Florida Department of Health reports this morning the cumulative number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Okaloosa County is 3,292, 132 more since yesterday morning. The death toll in Okaloosa now is 35, one more death reported since yesterday.
The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Niceville and Valparaiso is 371.
Statewide, 7,650 new cases were reported since yesterday.
The number of cumulative hospitalizations related to coronavirus in Okaloosa is 148, four more since yesterday. Currently, there are 47 COVID-19 patients in Okaloosa County hospitals; 18 are in ICU beds.
Here’s the latest breakdown by city in Okaloosa (note that the city is not always reported as part of the initial notification and may be missing while the case is being investigated):
- Fort Walton Beach, 1,186, 63 more since yesterday
- Destin, 464, 20 more since yesterday
- Niceville, 337, 12 more since yesterday
- Crestview, 660, 17 more since yesterday
- Shalimar, 172, four more since yesterday
- Mary Esther, 183, 11 more than yesterday
- Eglin AFB, 24, no change
- Laurel Hill, 28, no change
- Baker, 69, one more since yesterday
- Holt, 20, no change
- Valparaiso, 34, no change
- Hurlburt Field, 1, no change
- Milligan, 3, no change
- Missing, 81, five more since yesterday
Florida does not publish data about deaths for persons under 18. Florida also does not publish testing, case or condition data for people in county/local jails, state prisons, migrant communities, or cumulative totals for testing and cases in long-term care facilities, probable cases and deaths before testing was available, or non-resident data at the zip code or city level.
Want more info and data? Get it here: