NICEVILLE, Fla — The Florida Department of Health reports this morning the cumulative number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Okaloosa County is 4,154, 20 more since yesterday morning. The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Niceville and Valparaiso is 549.
The number of COVID-19 deaths in Okaloosa County is 77, no change.
Statewide, 1,885 new cases were reported since yesterday.
The number of cumulative hospitalizations related to coronavirus in Okaloosa is 244, no change since yesterday. On Sunday, it was reported there were 32 COVID-19 patients in Okaloosa County hospitals; eight in ICU beds.
Yesterday, there were 109 tests returned in Okaloosa with 17 positives. The daily positivity rate was 15.6 percent.
Okaloosa’s weekly positivity rate for the week ending Saturday, August 29 was 7.63 percent. It was 8.93 percent the previous week and 8.61 percent for the week before that, August 9-15.
Here’s the latest breakdown by city in Okaloosa (note that the city is not always reported as part of the initial notification and may be missing while the case is being investigated):
- Fort Walton Beach, 1,454, five more since yesterday
- Destin, 544, two since yesterday
- Niceville, 506, four more since yesterday
- Crestview, 842, two more since yesterday
- Shalimar, 202, four more since yesterday
- Mary Esther, 217, one more since yesterday
- Eglin AFB, 39, one more since yesterday
- Laurel Hill, 38, no change
- Baker, 87, no change
- Holt, 28, no change
- Valparaiso, 43, no change
- Hurlburt Field, 3, no change
- Milligan, 2, no change
- Cinco Bayou, 3, no change
- Homeless, 1
- Missing, 117, one more since yesterday
Florida does not publish data about deaths for persons under 18. Florida also does not publish testing, case or condition data for people in county/local jails, state prisons, migrant communities, or cumulative totals for testing and cases in long-term care facilities, probable cases and deaths before testing was available, or non-resident data at the zip code or city level.
Want more info and data? Get it here: