First place winners in the Regional Science Fair include students from Niceville High School and Ruckel Middle School.
The winners of the 40th Annual Robert Sheffield East Panhandle Regional Science and Engineering Fair were announced recently at the Annual Awards Banquet held at St. Mary’s Catholic School.
First place winners include students attending Niceville High School and Ruckel Middle School in Niceville. They are:
- Alexandria Rodriguez, Niceville High School, The Might of The Electrolyte, Biomedical & Health Sciences
- Joseph Enguidanos, Niceville High School, Monitoring Toxins-Human Accountability for Polluting Natural Water Resources (Part 2), Earth and Environmental Sciences
- James Baird, Ruckel Middle School, G-Whiz!, Engineering
- Daniel Bobbitt, Niceville High School, Go With the Flow – Increasing the Efficiency of the Tesla Turbine to Reduce the Cost of Cleaner Energy Generation from Natural Gas, Engineering
- Grayson Brobeck, Niceville High School, EMP Power, Engineering
- Taylor Ford, Niceville High School, Piezoelectric Tiles, Environmental Engineering
- Logan Thursby, Niceville High School, Tic Tac Toe Versus an Artifical Neural Network, Intelligent Machines, Robotics & Systems Software
- Jackson Cook, Niceville High School, Real-Life Levitation: A Novel Study of the Correlation Between Densities of Substances and Frequency of Ultrasonic Waves Required for Sustained Levitation, Physics & Astronomy
- Camille Miles, Niceville High School, Thermoelectric Generator Powered Tracking Concentrated Photovoltaic System, Physics & Astronomy
All first place category award winners are also State Science and Engineering Fair of Florida Nominees. The competition is sponsored by the Florida Foundation for Future Scientists.
The SSEF is being held in Lakeland, Florida, March 27 – March 31. For more information about the SSEF, visit their website: http://www.floridassef.net/.
Some high school winners will represent the panhandle at I-SWEEEP, The International Sustainable World (Energy, Engineering, and Environment) Project. ISWEEP is being held in Houston, Texas May 3-May 8. For more information on ISWEEP, please visit their website: http://isweeep.org/.
The complete list on winners is available here.
PHOTO: Pictured above are the First Place Category Winners in the High School division