NICEVILLE, FLA, JUNE 19, 2020 — The Florida Department of Health reports this morning the cumulative number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Okaloosa County is 391, 25 more since yesterday morning. The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Niceville and Valparaiso is 44.
Statewide, the number of cases is 89,748, an increase of 3,822 since yesterday morning, a new record high.
So far this week, Florida has 14,180 new confirmed COVID-19 cases. The average daily positive test rate this week is 11.5 percent.
Here in Okaloosa, the number of hospitalizations related to coronavirus in Okaloosa is 54, one more since yesterday. Okaloosa has experienced eight new hospitalizations this week.
The number of deaths in Okaloosa County remains unchanged at six.
Here’s the latest breakdown by city in Okaloosa (note that the city is not always reported as part of the initial notification and may be missing while the case is being investigated):
- Fort Walton Beach, 158, six more since yesterday
- Destin, 50, one more since yesterday
- Niceville, 41, no change
- Crestview, 59, 11 more since yesterday
- Shalimar, 20, no change
- Mary Esther, 25, one more since yesterday
- Eglin AFB, 5, no change
- Laurel Hill, 4, no change
- Baker, 2, no change
- Holt, 3, one more since yesterday
- Valparaiso, 3, one more since yesterday
- Missing, 13, four more since yesterday
Want more info and data? Get it here: