The 2017 EOD Undefeated Bike Ride has several routes including routes from the Eglin Air Force Base. Ride participants include wounded EOD warriors, active duty military Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) technicians, veterans, and civilians.
On Saturday, October 7, 2017, the annual EOD Undefeated Bike Ride will kick off at locations around the country, benefiting the EOD Warrior Foundation. The annual fundraiser will offer various ride distances, some spanning two days and over 150 miles, giving cyclists various rides to choose from while supporting a great cause.
Ride participants include wounded EOD warriors, active duty military Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) technicians, veterans, and civilians.
All funds raised from the event go to support the EOD Warrior Foundation’s mission to improve the quality of life for the EOD family by providing financial relief, scholarship opportunities, physical, social, and emotional support.
The 2017 EOD Undefeated Bike Ride has routes scheduled that go through San Diego and Orange County in California, as well as Gulf Coast ride from the EOD Memorial in Florida. There are additional rides scheduled in Denver, Virginia Beach, and there is a virtual ride option in Texas or on your own. There are various pledge amounts and ride lengths to choose from, including 6 miles, 25 miles, 65 miles, 100 miles, and 150 miles, giving everyone an opportunity to join in.
The annual EOD Undefeated Ride was started by Navy EOD Commander Kevin Childre. He passed away in 2015 as a result of injuries he sustained during a bicycle accident while raising awareness for the EOD Warrior Foundation. The annual ride that he started has not only raised over $2 million for in support of EOD Warriors, it also helps keep his memory and passion alive.
The rides that have been staged include:
- West coast 2-day ride – October 7-8, 2017, starting from Carlsbad, Calif. This route offers a scenic coastal ride and a 4,900’ climb.
- West coast 1-day ride – October 8, 2017, starting from Carlsbad, Calif.
- Gulf coast 100/65/25/6 mile ride – October 7, 2017, starting from EOD Memorial in Fla.
- East coast ride – October 7, 2017, starting from Virginia Beach.
- Denver ride – October 8, 2017, starting from Denver.
- Virtual ride – October 7-15, 2017, starting from a location of your choosing.
To get more information and register for the 2017 EOD Undefeated Ride, visit: www.eodride.org.
About EOD Warrior Foundation