NICEVILLE, Fla — The Florida Department of Health reports this morning the cumulative number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Okaloosa County is 4,094, 39 more since yesterday morning. The death toll in Okaloosa now is 76, one more death reported since yesterday.
The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Niceville and Valparaiso is 528.
Statewide, 3,815 new cases were reported since yesterday.
The number of cumulative hospitalizations related to coronavirus in Okaloosa is 241, four more since yesterday. On Thursday, it was reported there were 37 COVID-19 patients in Okaloosa County hospitals; six in ICU beds.
Yesterday, there were 379 tests returned in Okaloosa with 40 positives. The daily positivity rate was 10.55 percent.
Okaloosa’s weekly positivity rate for the week ending Saturday, August 16-22, was 8.93 percent. The positivity rate was 8.61 percent for the previous week, August 9-15.
Here’s the latest breakdown by city in Okaloosa (note that the city is not always reported as part of the initial notification and may be missing while the case is being investigated):
- Fort Walton Beach, 1,441, 15 more since yesterday
- Destin, 536, two since yesterday
- Niceville, 485, one more since yesterday
- Crestview, 835, six more since yesterday
- Shalimar, 199, one more since yesterday
- Mary Esther, 215, two more since yesterday
- Eglin AFB, 38, two more since yesterday
- Laurel Hill, 38, no change
- Baker, 87, five more since yesterday
- Holt, 28, no change
- Valparaiso, 43, two more since yesterday
- Hurlburt Field, 3, no change
- Milligan, 2, no change
- Cinco Bayou, 3, no change
- Missing, 112, three more since yesterday
Florida does not publish data about deaths for persons under 18. Florida also does not publish testing, case or condition data for people in county/local jails, state prisons, migrant communities, or cumulative totals for testing and cases in long-term care facilities, probable cases and deaths before testing was available, or non-resident data at the zip code or city level.
Want more info and data? Get it here: